When I was thinking about career transition, I was wondering if I should write the article from the mind or from the heart.
When I write from the mind, it would include SEO optimized blog, tools strategies and tips for you to make a successful career transition.
If I would write it from the heart, I would write it philosophical, the big picture, ideas and concepts on how to find the right path for you.
Isn’t it so that we should align both in our lives and careers? Balancing the mind and the heart in the right way?
Isn’t it key in a career transition that you listen and operate from the heart and then align that with your new career?
Why so many of us are so focused only on the mind, the external, to make a career transition just to find a better job but no purpose or meaning behind it or aligned with it?
This is why many people have created a gap within themselves between what they focus on and what they really want in life.
If you really want to make a career transition you have to ask yourself WHY? Because there are no more opportunities to grow in your current job? Because you will go any live in another city (practical reasons)? Because you are suffering and you want a way out?
Or is the WHY, because you have been working for many years in a job you don’t like and you realize that it’s time for something more meaningful? That it’s time to find your true path in life?
Here are 20 strategies for a successful career transition where your inner and outer worlds are aligned.
- Compatibility: when you walk into a company it’s important that the company is compatible with who you are. You feel the office, you feel the people, does it FEEL right to you?
- Patience: the life journey and career opportunities go hand in hand. Patience is key because life is slow. For you to find the right opportunity in alignment with your purpose you need to let life take it’s own course. If you applied for 3 jobs, be patient. The right opportunity will come.
- Network: networking means going to events that FEEL right for you. If you get invited to go to a networking event or a Zoom networking call and you THINK it’s not right but you FEEL somehow you need to attend that call. Go ahead and go for the networking and see what happens.
- Success: define what success means to you both from an inner and outer perspective. An outer perspective is monetary returns, job title, achievements. The inner perspective is the application of your purpose in your job and contribution to others and society overall.
- LinkedIn: update your LinkedIn profile with a section on your purpose in life and your passion. This will allow self-aware companies and HR feel that you are living a life based on purpose.
- Recruiters: when you work with recruiters make sure the recruiter understands your path and where you want to go in terms of passion and success. If the recruiter only focuses on placing you in a company just to find a job, let them go.
- Vision: one part of your career transition is looking for what you want to achieve in the future. The other perspective is thinking about ‘’what do you want to leave behind’’ and start working with the end in mind.
If you are considering a career transition it is KEY that you align both your inner and outer world. This alignment will avoid a gap being created between what you pursue and who your real purpose.
#careeertransition #intuition #practicalphilosophy